Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Generation Gap Isn't Just Generational

I'm feeling a bit reluctant to write this this evening, as I feel a bit worn down from the activities.

Well...today was the protest in Washington D.C. I rode down with the Lancaster Coalition for Peace and Justice. There was a young reporter on the bus from the Sunday paper in Lancaster. He was a real gentleman. I can see he's going places.

In either case, I had a good conversation with who I'll name "Joe" for privacy purposes. We got to the topic of the Generational Gap that causes so much strife between older and younger people. In the time when our parents, and in most cases our parents' parents, they had the impression that the News was news, and the government never lied to them. Everything was perfect, because the country was founded on God.

In this generation, now that we've uncovered the lies of the Vietnam War, and now the Iraq War...we're not so blind. Most kids go to college now, and are taught Critical Thinking from the first week in school. This is so important to uncovering the truth in this day of Ignorance.

So, when the older generation sees the younger generation going out to protest all the BUSHIT that's going on now...they think we're going against what this country stands for. The problem is, they don't realize that 'what this country stands for,' is being threatened by the administration in office now, as well as MOST media outlets.

So, I don't blame them. I just blame the crappy education they got, and their laziness and unwillingness to go beyond Ignorance.

Soon will be my post about the protest today, on September 15th, 2007. I've got pictures, and some pretty good stories.


From Rob, With Love.

No comments: